KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kansas City Chiefs fans might see a familiar face in the backfield this weekend when they take on the New England Patriots.
As the team works through injuries in its running back corps, the team said Tuesday afternoon it had signed free agent running back Spencer Ware.
Ware played in 38 games as a Chief in 2015, 2016 and 2018. Ware started the 2019 season with the Indianapolis Colts but was cut in September.
To make room for Ware, the Chiefs waived wide receiver Gehrig Dieter.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Temperature importance when it comes to rain/snow, winter storm update
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Etienne leads Wichita St. past Oral Roberts 85-80
- Kansas City metro parents fighting back on KSHSAA’s ban of fans from middle and high school winter sports