MERIDEN, Kan. (KSNT) – The Farrant family is showing their support for the Kansas City Chiefs.
They’re displaying a set of hay bales just off of Kansas Highway 4 painted in the likeness of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and tight end Travis Kelce.
It was all part of a recent charity event for Woolly Farms Foundation. The straw statues were an attraction for families who went on the hayride, but now, they attract some exciting attention from people who drive by, Kysa Farrant said.
“Everyone around here is a huge Chiefs fan and our family is, so we just thought ‘what better way to put a smile on people’s faces as they are going back to work,’” Farrant said.
The idea was inspired by a couple of similar hay bale statues the family put together of minions from “Despicable Me” a few years ago.
The Farrant family plans to keep the hay bales up as long as they’re in good shape.
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Paige’s Prediction: Frigid start, turning mild by the weekend
- Forensic nurses, violence advocates see drop in survivors seeking help
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths