KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — Kansas City native Paul Rudd will be pumping up the crowds at the Chiefs’ AFC Championship game.
The famous comedian and actor has been selected as this Sunday’s Spirit Leader up on the Drum Deck. The Big Slick cohost isn’t shy about his love for all things Kansas City, including its barbecue and the Chiefs.
In February, he was host of the annual NFL honors show and announced that Patrick Mahomes had won the league’s MVP award.
Rudd will be joined by Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt, who will bang the drum as the Drum Honoree.
Hunt is the son of Lamar Hunt, the founder and original owner of the Chiefs, and if the Chiefs can get the win Sunday, the AFC Championship trophy they’ll be rewarded with is named after the elder Hunt.
A few other important notes about Game Day:
- Parking gates open at 9 a.m. Sunday, and all stadium gates open at noon. Team warm-ups start at 12:30 p.m. and the game will kickoff at 2:05 p.m.
- The first 50,000 fans to enter Arrowhead Stadium will get a commemorative 60th anniversary Chiefs Kingdom rally towel at the gate.
- A B-2 stealth bomber from Whiteman Air Force Base is set to flyover the stadium ahead of kickoff, another great reason for fans to be in their seats early.
- Police issue warrant for Ark City shooting suspect
- Parsons Police Department detective tests positive for COVID-19
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing