Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was asked Monday on 610 Sports Radio (KCSP), “What’s more nervous – the fourth quarter of the Superbowl or finally proposing to your long-time girlfriend?”
On February 2, Mahomes led the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in 50 years. Then, on September 1 (the same day he and his teammates received their Superbowl rings) Mahomes proposed to Brittany Matthews.
“On a day that was meant to celebrate you, you turned it into celebrating us,” Matthews wrote on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
9.1.2020❤️ On a day that was meant to celebrate you, you turned it into celebrating us. It’s always us, it’s always you and me. The words you looked into my eyes and said to me at this moment, will NEVER leave my mind! You made this day perfect, you took my entire breath away and I could not have imagined anything better. I love you, forever and always! Cheers to spending our lifetime together and an inseparable bond🎉🥂💕
So, which was more nerve-racking?
“Probably proposing,” Mahomes responded. “You don’t think it’s going to be nerve-racking especially when you’ve been with someone for so long. But before you get on that knee, man, your heart is racing, I can promise you that!”
Who will be the best man?
“I’ll probably think about it for a while,” Mahomes said. “Luckily for me, I got a lot guys I can choose to be best man.”
- Campus varsity football team to miss two games, fans remain hopeful for remainder of season
- KBI: Death investigation in Iola surrounding 34-year-old man
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- KDOL seeing rise in unemployment claim fraud stemming from identity theft
- Sublette school district goes remote after numerous students and employees were quarantined for COVID-19