KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — Even after years of success, Grammy-award winning singer and songwriter Melissa Etheridge hasn’t forgotten her Kansas roots.
She called into The Dan Patrick Show Monday to debut a new song she wrote specifically about the Chiefs big win Sunday.
Etheridge titled it, “Chiefs are Going to the Super Bowl.”
“I’ve seen the closest thing to Superman this girl has ever know, we traded up in 17 for the greatest– Pat Mahomes,” the lyrics said in part.
“You killed it,” Dan Patrick said as he cheered for Etheridge.
This isn’t the first Chiefs-themed song the Leavenworth, Kansas native has written. In 2017 she wrote one about her love and infatuation for former quarterback Alex Smith.
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again
- Los fans disfrutan el primer partido del Wind Surge en el Estadio Riverfront
- Positive Connections: Friends University student sings national anthem at Royals game
- Why have ransomware attacks increased and the FBI’s ‘unprecedented’ step to prevent them
- Migrant children held in mass shelters with little oversight