KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — The Miami Dolphins helped make the Kansas City Chiefs first-round playoff bye possible with a win over the New England Patriots Sunday, and to celebrate, Chiefs fans are signing a Change.org petition to bring Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to Arrowhead to serve as guest drummer.
“Let’s show our gratitude with the greatest honor to be given at Arrowhead Stadium,” petition starter Chase Myska said in the petition caption. “Let the man bang the drum!”
In just a few hours, more than 10,000 Chiefs fans signed the petition.
Fitzpatrick helped lead the Dolphins to what many said was an unlikely win over the Patriots. Now, the Patriots will have to play next weekend while the Chiefs set their sights on the divisional round of the playoffs.
Right after the win, Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas said he plans to send barbecue to Miami’s mayor.
- ‘Magnet for predators’: Hundreds claim decades of abuse by 150 youth center staffers
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant
- Video shows 14-year-old boy’s terrifying fall off roof while doing construction; contractor cited
- Over $250,000 raised for 7-year-old running lemonade stand to fund her own brain surgeries
- ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb’: March folklore explained