KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Chiefs and wide receiver Sammy Watkins have agreed on a restructured one-year contract that gives the franchise much-needed salary cap relief.
That’s according to a person familiar with the deal who spoke with The Associated Press on Friday.
The person said Watkins will make $9 million in base salary but that incentives could drive the total package to $16 million.
More important for the club, the deal will give the Chiefs about $5 million in salary cap savings ahead of the NFL draft.
- Hundreds gather together for candlelight vigil at WSU
- Kingman County crash claims life of Cheney man
- White Coats For Black Lives: Local healthcare workers kneel to end racial inequality
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Hutch PD concerned about safety, ask organizers to cancel demonstration planned for Saturday