WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas City Chiefs topped the Chargers 31-21 behind big plays from Mecole Hardman and Damien Williams to earn the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye.
Fans in Arrowhead Stadium on Week 17 were closely watching a game happing 1,400 miles away where the Miami Dolphins were able to pull off the 24-27 upset against the New England Patriots.
Now, Kansas City gets a first-round bye, a divisional game at Arrowhead and an easier road back to the conference title game.
New England will play in the Wild Card round for the first time since 2009.
The Chiefs will play in the NFL Divisional Round at home on Sunday, Jan. 12 at 2:05 p.m.
- “He took full advantage of his chance”: Former Wichita State players react to Isaac Brown’s promotion
- New health order drops curfew in Sedgwick County, bar owners react
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- “She needs to address this”: Kansans demand Gov. Kelly speak at next unemployment protest