WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — With the Chiefs on a bye week, quarterback Patrick Mahomes and safety Tyrann Mathieu took their time off to give back to the Kansas City community.
Mahomes’ charitable foundation, 15 and the Mahomies, hosted its inaugural gala where it gave $225,000 to local charities through its signature 15 FOR 15 program.
Hours after welcoming his newborn daughter into the world, Mathieu passed out Thanksgiving meal packages to 320 families in need in the Kansas City metro area.
The Chiefs will return to the gridiron with a one-game lead over the AFC West division as they head into Week 13. They will receive an important visit from the Raiders on Sunday, Dec. 1.
- Houston Outlasts Wichita State in OT, 64-56
- Woman kills retired trooper, self at Chicago-area cigar bar
- 18-year-old found shot to death in Kansas City, Kansas
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team