AUGUSTA, Kan. (KSNW) – While football season kicks off, other student-athletes are prepping for other fall sports like cross country. Two juniors at Augusta High school are going the extra mile for scholarships.
“This is the year that everyone says it happens,” said Porsha Zweifel, a junior runner who has been running since her freshman year.
For some of the runners, this season is a chance to go the extra mile after returning from an injury.
“It was heartbreaking” said Sawyer Schmidt, who suffered from an injury during regionals.
The two Juniors are looking forward to running and making some noise to gain a college recruiter’s attention. In cross country, you have to be an upperclassman to receive scholarships.
“Time is everything, its what brings in the offers.” said Schmidt.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Sunshine and below average temperatures Monday
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four children
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday