MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP ) – Cartier Diarra tied a career-high with 25 points, Xavier Sneed added 16, Dujuan Gordon had a career-high 15, and Kansas State held off No. 12 West Virginia 84-68 for their first win in Big 12 play this season.
Kansas State (8-9, 1-4 Big 12) went up by as many as 23 points on Saturday, but a 15-0 run by the Mountaineers cut the lead to eight in the second half, thanks in part to seven turnovers in four minutes by the Wildcats.
West Virginia (14-3, 3-2) would get as close as six, but the Wildcats held on and won by 16.
- AP Exclusive: DEA agent accused of conspiring with cartel
- McIlroy roars out to a 2-shot lead in Mexico Championship
- Railroad fire in Barber County contained
- Price’s Pressure Points: Rain, thunder, and some snow ahead
- Ramey scores 26 as Texas rolls past Kansas State, 70-59