DERBY, Kan. (KSNW) – Derby High School is suspending all football-related activities due to an increase of positive COVID-19 cases. It includes Friday night’s homecoming festivities. They will be rescheduled according to the district.
The district said it has eight positive cases related to football, and it has not determined when football may resume.
The district added they are following the Sedgwick County Health Department’s strong recommendation of suspending football for the immediate future while close contact tracing and necessary next steps are completed.
You can find COVID-19 information on the Derby Public Schools website. Tickets may be used at a future date.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita
- T.J.’s Forecast: Gorgeous Halloween in-store, cold front arrives late bringing a cool-down