GREAT BEND, Kan. (KSNW) – The football game between Great Bend High School and Kapaun Mt. Carmel, scheduled for Friday, Sept. 26, at GBHS Memorial Stadium has been canceled. The cancelation resulted from a player on the Kapaun team testing positive for COVID-19 on Thursday.
Great Bend High School said additional competitions for ninth grade and junior varsity football, scheduled with Kapaun on Monday, September 28, have also been canceled.
In a news release Thursday, Kapaun Mt. Carmel President Rob Knapp said, “With the health and safety of our student-athletes and staff as well as mitigating the spread of the virus as our primary
concern, the game has been cancelled. While it was the last thing we wanted,
cancelling the game is the right thing to do.”
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- High School Football: Concordia vs. Scott, October 30, 2020