GREAT BEND, Kan. (KSNW) – The football game between Great Bend High School and Kapaun Mt. Carmel, scheduled for Friday, Sept. 26, at GBHS Memorial Stadium has been canceled. The cancelation resulted from a player on the Kapaun team testing positive for COVID-19 on Thursday.
Great Bend High School said additional competitions for ninth grade and junior varsity football, scheduled with Kapaun on Monday, September 28, have also been canceled.
In a news release Thursday, Kapaun Mt. Carmel President Rob Knapp said, “With the health and safety of our student-athletes and staff as well as mitigating the spread of the virus as our primary
concern, the game has been cancelled. While it was the last thing we wanted,
cancelling the game is the right thing to do.”
- Prolonged travel ban is ‘discrimination’ against border communities, South Texas leaders say
- UPDATE: Frustration mounts as migrant camp in Tijuana keeps growing
- West Virginia communities celebrate the life of KJ Taylor
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
- Prince Philip’s funeral: Duke of Edinburgh to be laid to rest at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle