KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Gio Gonzalez made his first start for the Chicago White Sox more than 16 years after drafting him, and the left-hander responded by holding Kansas City scoreless into the fourth inning in an 11-5 victory Saturday night.
Eloy Jimenez hit a three-run homer and finished with a career-high four hits, and rookie Luis Robert had four while finishing a triple shy of the cycle, leading a White Sox barrage of 21 hits in all. Leury Garcia also had four hits for Chicago. Whit Merrifield hit a two-run homer and Ryan O’Hearn also had two RBIs for the Royals.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong