WACO, Texas (AP) — Baylor coach Dave Aranda says he’s optimistic about the Bears being able to play their Big 12 opener this week.
The Bears have had scheduled non-conference games the past two weeks called off because of COVID-19.
Baylor didn’t play last weekend against Houston after positive tests affected one of the Bears position group. Aranda hasn’t said which group that is, but says the Bears expect about five guys back at that position this week.
They are scheduled to play Kansas at home on Saturday. Louisiana Tech was supposed to play at Baylor on Sept. 12 before the Bulldogs had a widespread virus outbreak.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way