IRVING, Texas (AP) — Baylor has been tabbed by Big 12 men’s basketball coaches as the favorite to win the conference title this season.
The Bears return four starters and received seven first-place votes from the coaches, who weren’t able to vote for their own teams.
Kansas got the other three first-place votes and was second. It’s the first time since 2011-12 the Jayhawks aren’t the preseason favorite.
Baylor was 26-4 last season and is led by junior guard Jared Butler.
The league’s top returning scorer at 16 points a game, Butler was named the preseason Big 12 player of the year.
- Man found shot to death at a Wichita home
- Coronavirus in Kansas: Deaths top 1,500, plus hospitalizations increase
- Derby Public Schools move to remote learning through December
- Kansas airports prep for disaster relief with airport improvement program
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues