LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – Kansas Athletics Inc. contends in a newly unsealed court filing that it has evidence former football coach David Beaty “allowed and encouraged NCAA violations” while at the University of Kansas.
The memo was filed by the university’s lawyers in January and unsealed this past week. It says those alleged violations have “resulted in several hundred thousand” dollars in legal fees for Kansas Athletics.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports the filing includes transcripts of interviews with players and members of the football staff that the university says suggest that NCAA rule violations occurred under Beaty.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Florida reports largest, single-day increase in COVID cases
- Search of California lake resumes for missing “Glee” star
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case