LAWRENCE, Kan. (KSNW) – Kansas forward Silvio De Sousa was issued a 12 game suspension on Wednesday by the Big 12 for his role in the brawl between Kansas and Kansas State at the Sunflower Showdown.
De Sousa took to Twitter on Wednesday night to issue an apology.
De Sousa is averaging 2.6 points per game this season after sitting out all of last season due to an NCAA investigation in which De Sousa was ruled ineligible to play. Kansas appealed the NCAA’s decision, and De Sousa was later ruled eligible.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show