LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – No. 2 Kansas hosts Kansas City in a non-conference matchup. Both teams last played this past Tuesday. Kansas knocked off Milwaukee by 27 points at home, while Kansas City came up short in an 82-73 game at McNeese State.
Kansas’ Devon Dotson has averaged 19.8 points, five assists and two steals while Udoka Azubuike has put up 14.8 points and 8.4 rebounds. For the Roos, Javan White has averaged 12 points and 7.5 rebounds while Marvin Nesbitt Jr. has put up 9.1 points and 4.1 rebounds.
Dotson has either made or assisted on 45 percent of all Kansas field goals over the last three games. The sophomore guard has accounted for 22 field goals and 19 assists in those games.
Kansas City is 0-5 when scoring fewer than 61 points and 5-1 when scoring at least 61.
Kansas City is a perfect 5-0 when the team records at least 11 offensive rebounds. The Roos are 0-6 this season when they fail to reach that mark.
Kansas is ranked first among Big 12 teams with an average of 83.1 points per game.
- Women’s basketball: Friends University beats York 66-58
- Sedgwick County’s lack of public defenders causes problems
- Migrant encounters top 2 million in calendar year 2021, on pace for repeat in 2022
- Alabama woman loses thousands through Zelle app scam
- Juarez police arrest suspects in murder, dismemberment of lesbian couple