SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – The Utah Jazz selected Kansas center Udoka Azubuike with the No. 27 pick of the NBA draft. Azubuike gives Utah a rim protector and interior defender who can be a backup center to spell Rudy Gobert.
He is also an accurate shooter around the basket. During his four-year career with the Jayhawks, Azubuike set an NCAA record with a .749 career field goal percentage.
He averaged 12.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks in 87 career games at Kansas.
- Kansas continues to holdout on expanding Medicaid, advocates urge it could help save rural healthcare
- As gas and electric bills begin to roll out from deep freeze, businesses share concerns
- Hartman Arena hosting major events once again
- Riverfest 2021 to bring back water events
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’