SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – The Utah Jazz selected Kansas center Udoka Azubuike with the No. 27 pick of the NBA draft. Azubuike gives Utah a rim protector and interior defender who can be a backup center to spell Rudy Gobert.
He is also an accurate shooter around the basket. During his four-year career with the Jayhawks, Azubuike set an NCAA record with a .749 career field goal percentage.
He averaged 12.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks in 87 career games at Kansas.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Arctic air slips away opening the door for a mild weekend
- Lawmakers give progress report on President Biden’s performance after first year in office
- Is an end to the COVID pandemic in sight? Dr. Anthony Fauci weighs in
- Senate fails to pass voting rights legislation, Dems double down
- Kansas child among latest COVID death numbers