LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Grayson McCall threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more scores, Coastal Carolina forced Kansas into three early turnovers, and the Chanticleers rolled to a 38-23 victory early Sunday to cap a big weekend for the Sun Belt.
Earlier on Saturday, Louisiana bludgeoned No. 23 Iowa State and Arkansas State rallied to beat Kansas State.
That made their lightly regarded league 3-0 against the mighty Big 12 with all of the Sun Belt’s wins coming on the road.
The Jayhawks have a week off now before beginning the conference portion of their schedule against Baylor.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Sunshine and below average temperatures Monday
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four kids
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday