LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – No. 16 West Virginia heads to third-ranked Kansas on Saturday in a game few had circled on the calendar just a few months ago.
But the Mountaineers capped an impressive non-conference run by beating then-No. 2 Ohio State, making their game at Allen Fieldhouse a juicy opener to the Big 12’s double-round robin schedule.
The other big game Saturday involves Texas and embattled coach Shaka Smart heading to No. 6 Baylor, another of the surprise teams this season.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire