Emporia native Clint Bowyer is returning to Kansas this week to race at Kansas Speedway. The venue will host five races total, between Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week. However, Bowyer says the return home won’t be quite the same without fans.
“I always love going back there. [Returning] is obviously going to be drastically different not having fans,” Bowyer said.
All five races will be televised nationally, at either on NBCSN or FS1.
“We are excited to be part of NASCAR’s return to racing,” said Kansas Speedway President Pat Warren. “This is an important step in the resumption of sports in the Kansas City area.”
Bowyer says that although they’re putting a product on the racetrack and will have viewers on TV, the atmosphere will be nowhere near the same.
“Without [fans], It’s not quite the event that it should be, or could be,” Bowyer said.
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- Suspect dead following crash with stolen vehicle in south Wichita
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Cool Tuesday, snowy system develops Wednesday
- Firefighters watch from above when 911 lines go down
- Michigan teacher creates STEM toy guide for 2020 holidays