Emporia native Clint Bowyer is returning to Kansas this week to race at Kansas Speedway. The venue will host five races total, between Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week. However, Bowyer says the return home won’t be quite the same without fans.
“I always love going back there. [Returning] is obviously going to be drastically different not having fans,” Bowyer said.
All five races will be televised nationally, at either on NBCSN or FS1.
“We are excited to be part of NASCAR’s return to racing,” said Kansas Speedway President Pat Warren. “This is an important step in the resumption of sports in the Kansas City area.”
Bowyer says that although they’re putting a product on the racetrack and will have viewers on TV, the atmosphere will be nowhere near the same.
“Without [fans], It’s not quite the event that it should be, or could be,” Bowyer said.
- At UN, Trump raps China for virus as US deaths near 200,000
- Register to vote in Kansas
- Police: Man arrested after allegedly trying to drown girl in pond
- Romney OKs voting on court nominee, all but assures approval
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween