WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Hays Larks defeated the KCCBA All-Stars by run-rule 10-0 in the opening round of the NBC World Series powered by Evergy.
The Larks had three players collect a multi-hit game, with Wyatt Divis from UT Arlington only allowing two hits on the mound to earn the shutout victory for Hays.
After snatching the early 2-0 lead following the first inning, the Larks added another insurance run in the top of the fourth off a sacrifice grounder to make it a three-run game. Hays continued to answer offensively with four runs in the top of the fifth, drawing three bases-loaded walks and scoring another run off a hit by pitch.
Following two singles in the top of the seventh inning, the Larks scored two more runs off a fielding error to make it a 9-0 game. A double from Max McGuire drove in the 10th run for the Larks, allowing Hays to claim the first round victory in a run-rule.
The Larks advance to the winners bracket on Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. in Hutchinson, facing either Lonestar, TX Baseball Club or Houston, TX MVP Prospects. The KCCBA All-Stars will play at 3 p.m. on Tuesday in Hutchinson, with its opponent to be determined.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed