The logo for the 2024 Olympics in Paris was unveiled on Tuesday, and the backlash was swift.
Organizers tweeted the logo saying it represents three symbols: a gold medal, the Olympic flame, and Marianne, a key figure in the French Republic.
People took to social media to make fun of the image. Some saying it looks like the Tinder logo or an advertisement for a hair salon.
The organizing committee for the Olympic games released a statement saying the symbols were intended to be “both simple and powerful”.
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- Business owner hoping to reduce speed limit to expand seating closer to the street, join Open Air ICT
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’