The logo for the 2024 Olympics in Paris was unveiled on Tuesday, and the backlash was swift.
Organizers tweeted the logo saying it represents three symbols: a gold medal, the Olympic flame, and Marianne, a key figure in the French Republic.
People took to social media to make fun of the image. Some saying it looks like the Tinder logo or an advertisement for a hair salon.
The organizing committee for the Olympic games released a statement saying the symbols were intended to be “both simple and powerful”.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Rain and snow showers possible tonight, expect colder temperatures tomorrow
- Essential oils: Are they good for you?
- GM recalls 640K pickups; seat belts can cause carpet fires
- Changes in schools create new possibilities for students with dyslexia
- Oklahoma Air Force base says 2 killed in aircraft ‘mishap’