SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania college is canceling its men’s basketball season but won’t say why.
Lackawanna College in Scranton says it holds student-athletes to “high standards both inside and outside the classroom.” Lackawanna spokeswoman Sharon Lynett says school officials had “no choice but to cancel the season.” The school says it will focus on rebuilding the basketball program for next year.
Lackawanna says it won’t reveal more about the cancellation.
Lackawanna College is a private school with about 1,900 students. It primarily awards two-year degrees but added bachelor’s programs two years ago.
- ‘You’re not the first, you’re not the last’: Elder shares insight and advice on recent protests
- Wichita man arrested after pointing gun at three teenage boys
- KCPD says 85 people were arrested and 2 officers were hospitalized following protests Saturday night
- T.J.’s Forecast: More warmth and more sunshine into the start of June
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation