CHICAGO (AP) – Kris Bryant homered in his return to the lineup and Alec Mills pitched seven effective innings, helping the Chicago Cubs beat the Kansas City Royals 2-0 for their fourth consecutive win.
Javier Báez had a sacrifice fly and a nice play in the field as NL Central-leading Chicago improved to 8-2 for the first time since 2016.
Bryant also doubled in the first after missing two games with a stomach ailment.
Kansas City wasted a solid performance by Danny Duffy, who pitched six innings of one-run ball.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed