KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Left-hander Danny Duffy will start for the Kansas City Royals when they open the season against the Indians in Cleveland next week.
The 31-year-old Duffy will make his third start on opening day, although this one is far different than the others.
The game July 24 will begin a season shortened to 60 games because of the coronavirus pandemic that will last through August and September.
Duffy went 7-6 with a 4.34 ERA in 23 starts last season.
- Former Blue Bell Creameries CEO charged in deadly Kansas listeria case
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Winds of change bring next cooldown and some rain
- 1 dead following shooting outside of youth football game in northeast Wichita
- US officials link Iran to emails meant to intimidate voters
- ‘Just kind of a shock to everybody’: Wrestling community mourns the sudden loss of longtime Grizzlies coach