KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Edwin Encarnación hit a three-run homer, Dallas Keuchel threw five scoreless innings and the Chicago White Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 8-2 on Sunday to complete a four-game sweep.
Keuchel left the game with lower back stiffness after throwing a few warmup pitches before the sixth inning and is considered day to day. He threw 49 pitches, allowed two hits and struck out two.
The AL Central-leading White Sox went ahead 5-0 in the seventh inning against reliever Josh Staumont.
Encarnación hit a 448-foot blast into the second deck of the fountains beyond the wall in left-center to score Yasmani Grandal and Jose Abreu.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Many changes for the upcoming week
- Motorcyclist in critical condition after NE Wichita crash
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Using caution on rainy roadways and the impact of fallen leaves
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Storms possible into Sunday, cold front resets temperatures to start the work week
- Family, friends pay tribute to cinematographer killed on ‘Rust’ movie set