KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Gio Gonzalez made his first start for the Chicago White Sox more than 16 years after drafting him, and the left-hander responded by holding Kansas City scoreless into the fourth inning in an 11-5 victory Saturday night.
Eloy Jimenez hit a three-run homer and finished with a career-high four hits, and rookie Luis Robert had four while finishing a triple shy of the cycle, leading a White Sox barrage of 21 hits in all. Leury Garcia also had four hits for Chicago. Whit Merrifield hit a two-run homer and Ryan O’Hearn also had two RBIs for the Royals.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- One person dies in NW Wichita crash
- Game of the Week: Derby vs. Bishop Carroll, September 18, 2020
- High School Football: Friday Football Fever, September 18, 2020
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg