Chicago White Sox (3-4, fourth in the AL Central) vs. Kansas City Royals (3-5, fifth in the AL Central)
Kansas City, Kansas; Saturday, 7:05 p.m. EDT
PITCHING PROBABLES: White Sox: Gio Gonzalez (0-0, 14.73 ERA, 2.18 WHIP, 3 strikeouts) Royals: Ronald Bolanos (0-1, .00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP, 1 strikeouts)
LINE: White Sox favored by 1 1/2 runs; over/under is 10 1/2 runs
BOTTOM LINE: The Chicago White Sox play the Kansas City Royals on Saturday.
The Royals went 31-45 in division play in 2019. Kansas City hit 162 total home runs with 3.0 extra base hits per game last season.
The White Sox went 38-37 in division games in 2019. Chicago hit .261 as a team with 2.9 extra base hits per game and 260 total doubles last season.
The teams meet for the first time this year. Chicago leads the season series 1-0.
INJURIES: Royals: Randy Rosario: (undisclosed), Mike Montgomery: (lat strain), Foster Griffin: (forearm), Chance Adams: (undisclosed), Kelvin Gutierrez: (elbow).
White Sox: Reynaldo Lopez: (right shoulder), Jimmy Lambert: (forearm).
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system
- DNA test results confirm identity of body found as missing Wichita man