KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — Royals catcher Salvador Perez has tested positive for the coronavirus, the team announced on July 4.
Perez is asymptomatic and staying at his Kansas City home. He said his family is safe and he feels good.
It will take consecutive negative tests for him to be allowed to play. He said he can’t wait to get back.
The MLB set a 60-game schedule for the season after the pandemic delayed the first games by more than three months. Teams will have their first games on July 23 or 24.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong