KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Yu Darvish pitched seven sharp innings and the Chicago Cubs beat the skidding Kansas City Royals 6-1 on Wednesday night for their sixth straight victory.
Javier Báez drove in two runs for the Cubs, who handed Kansas City its sixth consecutive defeat.
Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo each had two hits and scored twice.
Darvish was in midseason form for the second straight outing. He gave up five hits, struck out four and walked one.
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed
- T.J.’s Forecast: High pressure holds strong, more haze expected into the weekend