CHICAGO (AP) — Yasmani Grandal hit his third career game-ending home run in the ninth after a defensive miscue as the Chicago White Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 6-5.
Yoan Moncada had an RBI single in the seventh, Eloy Jimenez added a two-run homer and Luis Robert also homered for the White Sox who have won 10 of their last 11 games and eight straight at home.
Grandal broke a 5-5 tie with a leadoff homer off Ian Kennedy (1-1).
Alex Colome (1-0) finished the game by getting the final four outs after blowing his first save attempt.
Jorge Soler hit a two-run home run and Whit Merrifield added a solo shot for the Royals who have lost all four of their games to the White Sox this season.
- Actor Lori Loughlin reports to prison in college scam
- Caught on camera: Raccoon runs amok
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Netflix raising US streaming prices amid booming growth
- Kansas License plate racial slur concerns lead to recall