KANSAS CITY, Mo (AP) – Kansas City Royals third baseman Maikel Franco would boost his salary to a $4 million if he has 625 plate appearances. Franco agreed Dec. 27 to a $2.95 million, one-year contract with $1.05 million in performance bonuses.
The 27-year-old hit .234 with 17 homers and 56 RBIs in 123 games for Philadelphia last season. He spent the past six seasons with the Phillies and topped 20 homers for three straight years before hitting 17 last season.
Franco’s addition could allow the Royals to shift Hunter Dozier from third base to first base and the outfield.
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Person with gunshot found at QuikTrip on S. Seneca
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- The town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name