KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Jose Abreu hit his 13th home run of the season in the first inning, Yasmani Grandal added a two-run shot, and the Chicago White Sox defeated the Kansas City Royals 5-3.
Abreu leads the majors with 40 RBIs in 40 games and extended his hitting streak to 19 games.
His 425-foot, two-run shot pushed him past Baltimore’s Anthony Santander for the longest streak this season.
Lucas Giolito (4-2) allowed three runs on five hits in six-plus innings. He struck out nine and walked none.
Alex Colome earned his ninth save in 10 tries. Kris Bubic (0-5) took the loss and Bubba Starling homered.
- Dos hombres resultan lesionados tras tiroteo en Wichita
- 2 hurt in southwest Wichita shooting
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- “We are heading in the right direction”: Unemployment rates in Sedgwick County drop to 10.9%
- Confirman la identidad de hombre desaparecido en el condado Butler