HAYSVILLE, Kan. (KSNW) – Haysville Campus basketball standout Sterling Chapman has announced he is decommitting from playing at Wichita State in 2021. He tells KSN Sports he intends to reopen his recruitment.
In a text message with KSN Friday afternoon, Chapman said “Yes, I’m opening up.”
Chapman verbally committed to play at WSU back on Oct. 6 just a few days before allegations of misconduct regarding Shockers head basketball coach Gregg Marshall surfaced.
Chapman was the lone recruit in the Shockers 2021 recruiting class.
- Community members say they’re thankful for the frontline workers this thanksgiving
- Shooting in Wichita leaves one in serious condition, police still investigating
- Teachman’s Take: Cool comfort for Black Friday, weekend storm tracks south
- Giving back to those in need – Wichita churches and organizations hand out thousands of meals
- Shooting leaves one critically injured in Wichita