HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – No. 23 Wichita State blew a nine-point lead in the final minute of regulation but came back to beat UConn 89-86 in two overtimes.
Jaime Echenique led four Wichita State players in double figures with 19 points before fouling out. Dexter Dennis and Erik Stevenson each scored 16 for the Shockers, who have won nine straight games.
Christian Vital scored 25 points for UConn. The Huskies’ Sidney Wilson tied the game at 69 in regulation with a 3-pointer, and he blocked Dennis’s shot to send the game into overtime.
Wichita State led 69-60 with just over a minute remaining.
- Tuesday night prep basketball scores
- Hunt family finally gets to see Chiefs back in Super Bowl
- Patrick Mahomes is the first quarterback from a Texas university to start in the Super Bowl
- PHOTOS: Thousands of workers preparing Miami stadium for Super Bowl
- Ugly brawl breaks out at end of Kansas State-Kansas game