HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – No. 23 Wichita State blew a nine-point lead in the final minute of regulation but came back to beat UConn 89-86 in two overtimes.
Jaime Echenique led four Wichita State players in double figures with 19 points before fouling out. Dexter Dennis and Erik Stevenson each scored 16 for the Shockers, who have won nine straight games.
Christian Vital scored 25 points for UConn. The Huskies’ Sidney Wilson tied the game at 69 in regulation with a 3-pointer, and he blocked Dennis’s shot to send the game into overtime.
Wichita State led 69-60 with just over a minute remaining.
- Wichita Open moves forward in 31st year
- Perez, Cordero power Royals to 12-3 rout of contending Cards
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
- Tokyo Olympics CEO suggests relaxed entry rules for athletes
- Gale Sayers, Bears legend and ‘Kansas Comet’, passes away at 77