WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – There will be volleyball this season at Wichita State University just at a different time.
This comes after the American Athletic Conference announced on Tuesday that they were moving volleyball, along with men’s and women’s soccer seasons to the spring.
Shockers head volleyball coach Chris Lamb told KSN News on Wednesday he wasn’t necessarily surprised by the decision.
With their season moved back, one positive Lamb did speak about is having more time to prepare for when they do hit the floor again.
“No doubt about it, so much impact can be made with freshman right away and in volleyball, you don’t get your kids until early August, and you start playing in three weeks, this year we would have had two or three freshmen on the floor, so, having more time to prepare them is a pretty cool thing for us,” said Lamb.
Lamb says he hasn’t gotten a firm start date on when exactly the regular season will get going.
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Sunshine and below average temperatures Monday
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four children
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca