WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – This Saturday, soccer fans will have an opportunity to check out Sporting KC II right here in Wichita.
Saturday’s event is a part of the teams’ preseason slate in preparation for the USL Championship. The team will face regional rival OKC Energy FC at Stryker Sports Complex at 2:00 p.m.
“You know all of our fans are very supportive of us, and I think to be able to go out and play at Stryker Sports Complex is going to be fantastic because now we get to go there and showcase our talents in their home town,” says Overland Park native Christian Duke.
“For them to come here and do great things with that club generally means Sporting Kansas City has had their eyes on them for some time,” says Stryker Sports Complex director Larry Inlow.
The game is free to the public.
- Police: Murder of 3-year-old in Alabama disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- Business owner hoping to reduce speed limit to expand seating closer to the street, join Open Air ICT