Super Bowl VII
- Date: January 14, 1973
- Location: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
- Attendance: 90,182
- Avg ticket price: $15 ($87 in 2018)
- Final Score: Miami Dolphins 13, Washington Redskins 7
- MVP: Dolphins Safety Jack Scott
- Halftime Entertainment: “Happiness Is” featuring Andy Williams, Woody Herman, Michigan Marching Band and the Citrus College Singers.
- Interesting fact from Wikipedia: The first Super Bowl in which neither coach wore a tie. Also known for “Garo’s Gaffe” in which Dolphins’ kicker Garo Yepremian had a field goal attempt block, gathered the ball up and tried to pass it. It was ugly.
Super Bowl VIII
- Date: January 13, 1974
- Location: Rice Stadium, Houston, TX
- Attendance: 71,882
- Avg ticket price: $15 ($79 in 2018)
- Final Score: Miami Dolphins 24, Minnesota Vikings 7
- MVP: Dolphins Running Back Larry Csonka
- Halftime Entertainment: “A Musical America” featuring The Longhorn Band from University of Texas, Judy Mallett – Miss Texas 1973 – played fiddle.
- Interesting fact from Wikipedia: It was the first Super Bowl to be played on Astro Turf. It was the last Super Bowl to be played with goal posts at the front of the end zone.
Super Bowl IX
- Date: January 12, 1975
- Location: Tulane Stadium, New Orleans, LA
- Attendance: 80,997
- Avg ticket price: $20 ($95 in 2018)
- Final Score: Pittsburgh Steeler 16, Minnesota Vikings 6
- MVP: Steelers Fullback Franco Harris
- Halftime Entertainment: A Tribute to Duke Ellington featuring The Grambling State University Band and Ellington’s son Mercer Ellington fronting the Duke Ellington Band.
- Interesting fact from Wikipedia: It was the first Super Bowl in which a safety was scored when Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton was sacked in the end zone. The game was originally set to be played in the Superdome, but the building had not been completed in time.