MANHATTAN, Kansas (KSNW) – Xavier Sneed led all scorers with 18 points, Montavious Murphy added 11 rebounds and David Sloan chipped in a game-high 7 assists as K-State topped Emporia State, 86-49, to open exhibition play at Bramlage Coliseum Friday night.
Sneed scored 11 of his game-high tally after the break and was joined in double figures by Antonio Gordon (16) and Murphy (10) while the Wildcats dispatched the Hornets in each team’s first action of the 2019-20 season.
K-State shot 45.6% from the field in the contest, including 35.5% from long range while limiting Emporia State to 34% overall. The Wildcats out-rebounded the Hornets 47-34.
- Wichita Open moves forward in 31st year
- Sheriff in Texas receives poison ricin from woman who sent it to President Trump
- Veteran Salute: Ret. MSgt. proud of her maintenance badge
- Victims of stolen car speak after Wednesday’s trooper pursuit in south Wichita
- Perez, Cordero power Royals to 12-3 rout of contending Cards