KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Cartier Diarra scored 13 points, Mike McGuirl added eight points that included two free throws to ice the game as No. 10 seed Kansas State beat seventh-seeded TCU 53-49 in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament.
RJ Nembhard scored 19 points and Desmond Bane added 16 for TCU. Kansas State scored the final eight points of the game.
The Horned Frogs got their first lead with five minutes left, then stretched it to 49-45 on a Kevin Samuel’s free throw and jumper, but didn’t score in the final three minutes of the game.
- Undecided voter watches and gives take on debate
- Sedgwick County manager, other employees test positive for COVID-19
- ‘It’s almost like a home pregnancy test’: KU researchers developing at home COVID test
- ‘When it’s this negative, do something positive’: Wichita grandma and firefighter create unique bond
- Teachman’s Take: Wednesday warm-up before the chill settles back into place