MANHATTAN, Kan. (KSNW) — Kansas State defensive back Jonathan Alexander has decided to opt out of the 2020 season.
The senior took to social media to explain his decision.
“Having already tested positive for COVID-19 once and having to isolate was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to endure both mentally and emotionally,” said Alexander.
Alexander was one of several players to test positive when the team returned for Summer workouts last month.
“I know I’m not ready to risk my last season of football knowing i can not only put others at risk, but also put myself at risk to miss any opportunities to put myself in a better position in the future.”
As a junior, Alexander had 25 tackles and four sacks.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed