WACO, Texas (AP) — No. 2 Baylor bounced back in a big way from its first Big 12 loss.
Matthew Mayer had a season-high 19 points to lead five players in double figures as the Bears never trailed in an 85-66 win over Kansas State.
The Bears were coming off a three-point home loss to Kansas that ended their Big 12-record 23-game winning streak.
They had a 34-point lead with four minutes to go against the Wildcats.
They didn’t make another field goal after that with the starters on the bench. Cartier Diarra had 19 points to lead K-State.
The Wildcats are 0-8 in February and host No. 1 Kansas on Saturday.
- Final farewell: Friends & family organize touching tribute for dying cancer patient
- Stocks rise sharply on hopes of progress in battling virus
- Gallery: 2020 April Shots of the Day
- Grocery workers are key during the virus – and they are afraid
- Family faced uphill battle with daughter’s double lung transplant. Then came COVID-19