MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – No. 21 Navy is seeking to match a program single-season record by earning its 11th win as it faces Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl at Memphis, Tennessee.
Kansas State will be trying to slow down Navy’s top-ranked rushing attack. Navy quarterback Malcolm Perry has run for 1,804 yards. Perry is 116 yards away from the Football Bowl Subdivision single-season record for yards rushing by a quarterback.
Northern Illinois’ Jordan Lynch ran for 1,920 yards in 2013.
This game matches two of the nation’s most improved teams. Navy won just three games last season and Kansas State only five.
- ‘The Voice’ returns for season 20, along with coach Nick Jonas
- Mother, boyfriend charged after 6-year-old killed, dumped in Ohio River, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- ‘Magnet for predators’: Hundreds claim decades of abuse by 150 youth center staffers
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant