MANHATTAN, Kan. (KSNW) - The college football season doesn't officially kick off until August 30th.
However, several teams hit the gridiron for the first time in 2018 on Saturday for their annual spring games.
The Kansas State Wildcats held their purple and white game at Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium.
Despite some wet and soggy conditions, close to 10,000 people turned out for the game.
The white team jumped on the scoreboard in the first quarter.
Junior quarterback Alex Delton connected on a 20-yard touchdown pass to Chabastian Taylor.
In the second quarter, the purple team would answer, after running back Alex Barnes easily scampered 13-yards into the endzone.
In the end, the purple team would come out on top, winning this one 31-28.
Delton would finish the game 21 of 28 for 201 yards and three touchdowns. He also ran six times for 34 yards.
Sophomore quarterback Skylar Thompson was 13 of 19 for 149 yards and a TD.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Injured toddler overlooked after deadly crash
- Thai boys recount cave rescue: Voices in dark,...
- Mom accused of letting men rape her 2-year-old...
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and...
- Trump talks tougher, now says he warned Putin on...