Friday morning started with a stop at the Stockade Museum on Fowler Avenue.
About 2,000 people live in Medicine Lodge, a community known for a 1867 Peace Treaty between the U.S. Governemnt and the Kiowa, Comanche, Kiowa-Apache, Arapaho and Cheyenne. The yearly commemoration hopes to honor history and tradition, including a powow. Medicine Lodge is the county seat of Barber County.
The Carrie Nation Home is also a popular tourist stop.
Things to do around Medicine Lodge:
- Peace Treaty & Memorial Peace Park
- Peace Treaty Commemoration, September 27-29, 2019
- Stockade Museum & Carry Nation Home
- Gypsum Hills Scenic Byway starts in Medicine Lodge
- (Nearby town of Sharon is home to Martina McBride)
Community & Government:
Sponsor: Medicine Lodge Chamber of Commerce
Take a picture and upload it to the Summer Road Trip Photo Contest!