WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The KSN Summer Road Trip is here. So come by and say hello to the KSN team.
Depending on the time of day, you will be able to meet KSN’s Jeff Herndon, Julia Thatcher, Chief Meteorologist Lisa Teachman, Eddie Randle, Alexis Padilla, Meteorologist Ronelle Williams, and several of our behind-the-scenes crew members. Good Day Kansas hosts Avery Osen and Bri Smith will also participate in the road trip. You’ll be able to meet one or both of them throughout the tour.
These are the planned stops for the 2023 KSN Summer Road Trip:
Some towns are holding events in conjunction with our visit. We will add details as they become available.
Monday, June 12
- Marion, Marion Public Library, 101 Library Street, from 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
- The celebration will include a bounce house, firetruck spray, snow machine, bubble stations, live music, and face painting.
- There will be popsicles and chocolates at Elgin Hotel.
- Sample pastries and buy breakfast burritos at Chef’s Plate at Parlour 1886.
- McPherson, Water Park, 511 Lakeside Dr., 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live during KSN News at Noon)
- There will be free sunglasses, free Dairy Queen ice cream, and free water park admission from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sign up to win a family water park pass and T-shirts.
- A police car, firetruck, and local community leaders will be there.
- Concordia, Broadway Plaza, 600 Broadway Street, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- BYOB — Bring your own Bumbershoot (umbrella). There will be a Bumbershoot parade after the team leaves.
- There will also be bubbles for kids, treats at the concession stand, and a photo booth.
- Salina, downtown at Santa Fe and Ash, 4:30 p.m. (Live on KSN News at 5 and 6)
- Shannon’s Stars twirling group will perform.
- Sponsors will be giving away free items.
Tuesday, June 13
- Salina, Ad Astra Books & Coffee House, 135 Santa Fe, 6 a.m.-7 a.m. (Live on Kansas Today)
- Ellinwood, Wolf Park, 200 N. Main, from 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Great Bend, Brit Spaugh Zoo, 2123 Main Street, 10:45 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live on KSN News at Noon)
- Ness City, Ness County Museum/More Than Coffee, Sycamore and Pennsylvania, 2:15 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Ellis, Ellis Railroad Museum, 911 Washington Street, 4:15 p.m. (Live during KSN News at 5 and 6)
Wednesday, June 14
- WaKeeney, The Well-Center for Hope, 418 Russell Ave, 6 a.m.-7 a.m. (Live on Kansas Today)
- Hoxie, Elephant Bistro and Bar, 732 Main Street, 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Hill City, Graham County Auto (Tebo Museum) & Art Museum, 322 W. Main, 10:45 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live on KSN News at Noon)
- Dighton, Dighton City Park, First and James, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Scott City, Fifth and Washington, 4 p.m. (Live on KSN News at 5 and 6)
Thursday, June 15
- Garden City, Patrick Dugan’s Coffee House, 301 N. Main Street, 6 a.m.-7 a.m. (Live on Kansas Today)
- Ulysses, Bear Creek Coffee, 107 N. Baughman Street, 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Dodge City, Boot Hill Museum Varieties Theater, 500 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd., 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live during KSN News at Noon)
- Coldwater, Heritage Park at Main and New York, 2:15 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Greensburg, Big Well Museum, 315 S. Sycamore, 3:45 p.m. (Live on KSN News at 5 and 6)
Friday, June 16
- Pratt, N’Cahoots Coffee & Shoppe, 210 S. Main Street, 6 a.m.-7 a.m. (Live on Kansas Today)
- Stafford, Stafford County Museum, 100 N. Main, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Newton, downtown at Sixth and Main, 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Live on KSN News at Noon)
- Wichita, in Old Town, near the Regal Warren Old Town, at 3 p.m. (Live on KSN News at 5 and 6)
A few stops will be brief, but our crew will want to meet as many of you as possible.