A bitter blast of winter weather is moving across much of the country this week, setting record low temperatures and causing travel headaches.
The “polar express” traveling across Canada and into the U.S. is expected to set more than 150 record lows this week.
Heavy bands of snow are already sweeping across Chicago, while icy and snowy roads are making for dangerous commutes from Minneapolis to Missouri.
Residents in South Dakota are being encouraged not to travel at all as snowplows struggle to keep up.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Mild air holds Saturday night into Sunday, clouds thicken
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform