A bitter blast of winter weather is moving across much of the country this week, setting record low temperatures and causing travel headaches.
The “polar express” traveling across Canada and into the U.S. is expected to set more than 150 record lows this week.
Heavy bands of snow are already sweeping across Chicago, while icy and snowy roads are making for dangerous commutes from Minneapolis to Missouri.
Residents in South Dakota are being encouraged not to travel at all as snowplows struggle to keep up.
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020; gains support from Elon Musk, Mark Cuban
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Cowley County teen killed in two-vehicle collision
- Was new Chex flavor worth South Koreans’ 16-year wait?
- Group protests, calling attention to Vanessa Guillen disappearance